CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics > Computer Networking & Security
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Oct 16, 2003, 09:18 PM

Default Which wireless router?

sponsored links

Which wireless router will work with a bt voyager 100 usb adsl modem? I would like to connect 2 pc's to share adsl service.
Old Oct 30, 2003, 12:54 AM

There aren't that many routers that support direct USB plug-in.

The only thing I could say is to choose one computer to run most or all of the time, plug the USB modem into that, run an ethernet cable out of that computer to a wireless access point.

A router might work instead of a WAP, but I am not entirely sure, someone reply if they know for sure or not.

It also might work to just get two wireless cards, and set up an AD-HOC mode wireless network. This would elimate the need for a wireless access point, or router. From what I have read, this is possible, but in practice I haven't tried it yet.
Old Oct 30, 2003, 02:10 PM

Thanks UAPyro

I hate to start buying things that may or may not work. If anybody knows what will work, let me know.