CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2 > PS2 Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Oct 29, 2003, 01:21 AM

sponsored links

I have the exact same problem with a Messiah 2 Pro and v7 PS2. I gave it back to the installer Monday and I am crossing my fingers that he finds a problem. I burned approx 10 disks while I was waiting for it the 1st time and none of them worked, only get the red screen..

Will let you know how it turns out...

I hope I do not get screwed....
Old Oct 29, 2003, 10:06 AM

My soldering experience is limited, I done a few easy PCB connections but nothing delicate, I decided to ship it back to the installer to see if he can fix the problem. JBlade, I've got my fingers crossed for both of us, I'd hate to have wasted a bunch of DVD-Rs or if it was something I was doing wrong I'll be pertty upset too because the backup / booting procedures seem fairly straightforward.
Old Oct 30, 2003, 01:07 PM

Well I just called my installer and they advised that he has it apart now and is trying to fix it.. may be a defective chip. He acknowledged that it does not work.. hopefully I will get it back b4 the weekend... it better work or I will be really pissed.

I am a little upset as I made double copies of couple games thinking that it was my problem.. I may have also accidentally (ya right) threw a couple disks at the wall causing irreversible damage....

Good luck to you Smoky as I suspect you will have a problem with your install also.... for the life of me I cannot understand why they would not test it on all platforms b4 they give it back??
Old Oct 30, 2003, 02:41 PM

Hmmm..well that's good and bad news, at least you weren't doing anything wrong. Don't worry too much about the wasted disks, use them as coasters or ice scrapers! I hope my installer can fix the problem as well....and yeah you'd think they would have tested it although I suspect that my problem may have happened during shipping as he said he tested it with DVD-Rs, oh well...fingers still crossed.
Old Nov 03, 2003, 03:10 PM

FYI..
I got my PS2 back from installer today and tested and it now loads everything. He had to replace a defective Messiah chip....

It is all good !!
Old Nov 04, 2003, 07:16 AM

Mine's on the way back today...a wire had come off the board...woo hooo!!