CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox > Xbox Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Nov 16, 2003, 03:20 PM

sponsored links

never mind my xbox is unofficually busted. i tried to soilder it all together again but failed because of the stupid dO wire. but what ever. i unpluged all the x2.2 pro from the system and now the system doesnt boot up like its suppose to. i dont know what to do now. Now when i try to boot up the xbox with out any mod the system goes doot doot, binks red then green and repeat then shuts down. man im just gonna sell this xbox for parts and how i dont lose out of to much money.
Old Nov 16, 2003, 09:08 PM
Veteran

stay calm man. we'll get it sorted.

check for damage on the top d0. if you can't see the ring then it's gone and you will have to do a trace repair. it's difficult, but it works... if you're not comfortable, get an electronics store to do it. you have to run a wire from top d0 to bottom. that's it.
Old Nov 17, 2003, 04:03 AM
Veteran

If you unscrew the motherboard theres a nice alternative d0 point thats a solder pad not a via so its alot easier to get a good connection. Also check another site to make sure you have the correct wire diagram (I've seen them wrong before!). Don't give up, we were all in the same spot at one point or another.

Heres some pics of the bottom d0 point: ***********.x-elixis.com/final/installation/do-point.htm

Last edited by smokafatty; Nov 17, 2003 at 04:05 AM.
Old Nov 17, 2003, 03:25 PM

Default Thank you guys

its been one very fustrating week trying to solder my xbox with this damn chip. but so far i asked some guy that lives around my to do it for me. i think i messed up the dO point from the back to god only knows now. im gonna let this other guy i contacted to do all the foot works to including the bios and the dashboards. but thats guys youve all be a big help.