CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Nov 17, 2003, 12:11 AM

sponsored links

Great thread btw. Lets keep the ideas jogging.
Old Nov 17, 2003, 06:10 AM

Just buy both for around 200 you can't go wrong then!!!!!!!
Old Nov 19, 2003, 12:43 AM

x-box
Old Nov 20, 2003, 05:13 PM

Hmmm.....they all have their ups and downs....

[u]X-BOX[/u]
This is the most powerful of the three current consoles, the price will drop more soon, and that is when i will buy. i know that all the games for this, except a handful are for PS2, however it has the coolest F*ing mod i have ever heard of:

With an X-box you can have a mod done that will let you install a large capicity hard drive (i will put in a 300GB) and store entire games on it. you will not need the original cd ever again except for just a backup. i recomend you do this, with whatever drive fit's your style, get the free games for a month thing from blockbuster, and A) Copy a backup DVD of the game, B) Store the game on your hard drive in the X-box. It's that good!!! and THAT is why I willl be getting an x-box.

[u]Playstation 2[/u]
This is a good console, has the same stuff as an X-box, and it has many of the same games. i like the controler better, and it has more game titles than any other console ever since it can take both the new PS2 games and original playstation games. and so in that way it had what 200+ games? at launch to play as opposed to like 15 the other consoles started out with. i also like the sleek blakc and blue look, but alas, the X-box beats it for the mod reason i stated above.

[u]Game Cube[/u]
Game cube is more powerful than a playstation, and it has games that the others simply do not have. mario anything is usually good, the new star wars rebel strike game looks tight, and it is a very good system all round. small, sleek, now comes in silver and black as opposed to that quere moave color. all in all get the GC for the games, the graphics are good too. and it's only 99.00!!! I WANT ONE!!!, but i will take the heavily modded X-box first :evil:

the GC does not seem to have been broken yet however....this is bad because it means if you want the games you have to *gasp* pay retail!!!! that is something i hate doing as it is about 40 dollars per game, it all adds up ya know!!! but these games seem to be worth 40.00 from what i have heard....i dunno...after my X-box i think i will be getting a GC, then a PS2

and at that point i will have completed my goal of owning EVERY major console made by the big companies. i already have Super nintendo, Nintendo 64, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation original, and orininal game boy!!!! yes that's right! the big grey one that takes FOUR double A's and has an average life of 30-35 play hours of fun!