CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Nov 22, 2003, 02:20 AM
Veteran

Default I am clueless

sponsored links

I keep getting these icons on my desktop from this igdsearch. play poker and and some **** and it sets my homepage to that website, then to top it off, when I do a google search whatever link I click it brings me to that idgsearch.com. I have then hit the back button reclick the link to get to where I want to go.

I deleted them they come back 20 mins later. I have removed anything that ressembles them in the regisrty, ran spybot and virus scan and nothing. Cleaned my temp files and temp internet files, but it keeps coming back like my last girlfriend Does anybody know how I can stop this?

Thanks
Old Nov 22, 2003, 09:15 AM
Veteran

Well I am inclined to agree with you post subject m8

First and foremost you need to download and install the following IE patch

***********.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/?url=/technet/security/bulletin/MS03-048.asp

and then remove it again from the registry and HDD etc

it uses the MediaPlayer.exe to trigger set registry entries. When "infected" mediaplayer is run, it drops the googleMS.dll file in user's application data folder. Even after removal of the registry entries, they again are set unless the googleMS.dll file is not deleted.
Old Nov 22, 2003, 12:20 PM
Veteran

Hi gooner, nice to see ya around again. Congrats on the moderator thing on bst and I thought someone would say something about the subject.

Thanks for the link, that seems to be doing the job. I also found by deleting this string in the registry helps {79369D5C-2903-4b7a-ADE2-D5E0DEE14D24} I was also getting a box with goofy characters when I logged in. But anyway so far so good.

Thanks again gooner
Old Nov 22, 2003, 12:56 PM
Veteran

No worries m8, hope it holds up