CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox > Xbox Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Feb 11, 2003, 01:53 PM

Default aladdin install observations and questions

sponsored links

I recently installed an aladdin chip. I decided to try it out after having an extremely easy x-ecutor-1 install. I figured you cant beat 20 bucks for the chip, it is reflashable via evo-x, and the soldering job is relatively easy. Plus i've become more and more frustrated with matrix realignment, matrix price, matrix burnouts, and matrix unavailability. (FTM)

I got it to work, but only with a bit of a hassle. The holes are very small and although I have a very nice soldering iron I could not solder through them to the lpc. I ended up having to use wires for every solder point, and with all the kynar stripping, and soldering, it took about an hour as opposed to about 5 minutes.

Is there a chip out there in the same price range, that is reflashable with evo-x, and has solder holes like the x-ecuter? I realize they are all basically cheapmods, I just want one with easily solderable header holes.
Old Feb 12, 2003, 02:36 AM
Veteran

the cyclone chip, or LPC mod is like that. personally, I prefer using wires even on those chips as they are a lot easier to remove. Anyone who has removed an executor 1 will tell you they are a ***** to remove
Old Mar 16, 2003, 06:23 AM
Veteran

I agree 100% with plexgod. I have used several aladdins and allways use wires. I got one chip that was bad and had to take it our and send it back. I am sure glad that I used the wires. Can you emagine trying to remove one of those without messing up the MB if you soldered through the holes? Make take a little longer but well worth it if you ever have problems.
Old Dec 14, 2003, 06:09 AM

I have aladdin 1.5 advance on order and now am bit worried.

I have previously installed x2.2 lite and thought this chip would be easier but now found out I will not receive any wires with it and it sounds like it might be a not very install friendly chip.

Am i right to be worried ? should I send back and get something else ?
what sort of wires should be used if I have to buy them ?

thanks for any help
jo : - )