CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup > Dreamcast
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Oct 25, 2002, 12:54 PM
Veteran

sponsored links

Thanks for your comments, Boarder Hopper

One thing I forgot to bring up before -- I think another reason the DC had problems was the games in the stores. Hardly any retail places I saw had any of the "good" games for the DC. The always had these cheesy games except for the basic, 2K series, Sonic, Crazy Taxi, SC5, Shenmue and sometimes Jet Grind Radio. Many other, like fighters (esp Soul Calibur) were hard to find. And the good games they did have, Sega never promoted them. Nobody except real Sega guys new JGR was a good game!
Old Oct 25, 2002, 01:50 PM
Veteran

i think that they didnt have enough footy games on it
Old Oct 27, 2002, 05:21 AM

I haven't had enough time to read all these posts so I don't know if it's been said before, but the Dreamcast was stopped because SEGA were losing out on too much money for every single Dreamcast made.
Old Oct 28, 2002, 08:55 AM

Jet set Radio and Soul Calibur were are still are KILLER GAMES !!!
Old Jan 04, 2004, 04:51 AM

you know the ps2 is a shitty system. i mean its cool when you 1st get it but if you open it up and look inside its design is ****, its made so cheap its not funny. i dont think ive ever heard of a disc error for DC in my life and ive had 3 of those guys but every one of my ps2s always have some kind of error to them. psx was a cool one, very easy to expolite, but other then that the graphes were kinda squary for me . ps2 has good graphics but it took sony a long time to get those graphs , the dc had them out early early early. i dont know much about xbox cause i dont own one. but DC was actually over all a very dependepal system. another thing is that saturn was a ok system but it didnt have any good games for it. maybe the best one i can think of was lunar silver star story. the dc's design was really good, much better then the ps2's, but the only problem was the operating system that came w/ the system. if sega just made the second batch of dc's harder to expolite then that might of bought it some time. its kinda like the sph-1001 play stations. those guys were super easy to load the burnt games. if DC just fixed that hole then it might still be around because SEeg > sony . just sony got smart and saw that the easy burnt booting could cause a problem so they we wrote there oS and i dont think sega cared too much because if they did im sure they would have wrote new softwear right awayt.. btw im drunk so excuse me but thats how i feel about the systems out there right now