CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 09, 2004, 02:21 PM
Veteran

sponsored links

Yup, if nothing else Sony will learn that there is no way they could make a competitive console for that price. The poor sales of the PSX should tell them that. The only way I could see that happening is if all of the next generation consoles cost that much, even so though the sales would still be poor as almost no one is going to fork over $700USD for a console.
Old Jan 10, 2004, 08:52 AM

just to know, if next gen games are online, i mean, you download them, then, will stores dissapear?. I only want a console and online games, no more, i{m not paying 600$ for a super chip, i donīt need a dvd or anything else, i think nint should release another gc with online capabilities and dvd (not for movies) rom, not mini disc, thatīs only my opinion.

Last edited by lancerx; Jan 10, 2004 at 09:20 AM.
Old Jan 10, 2004, 08:47 PM
Veteran

no matter how powerful the system is we are still pushing bottons and watching the tv screen. i don't care how powerful the system is as long as the games are fun to play.

when the ps2 launched everyone thought it will be amazing and playing it it's like a life altering experience. but the ps2 is just a psone with better graphic and a company that has the money to support it unlike the dreamcast.

the essence of a great console is the support that it gets, not the GHz and MHz of the CPU.
Old Jan 11, 2004, 04:18 PM
Veteran

ps3 will not be anywhere near 700bills,if necessary sony will of course take a loss on the systems and make it back and more on the lucrative software licencing.it will not be massively more powerful than pc chips available at the time as it is unlikely that pcs will simply suddenly fall behind-the games will simply be more catered to take advantage of the chip in it.ps3 and xbox2 will be released at around the same time-they are both well aware of making the initial impact-especially microsoft who will have learned from this generation. As mentioned above it will all be about who secures the best software licences for the first couple of years of games.

...well thats wat i reckon nyway.