CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2 > PS2 Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Dec 23, 2003, 11:21 PM
Banned

sponsored links

well i noticed somthing today , i always ran the r wire along the edge of the board and away from all the othere wires (read that somewere) , and today i did another 1 so i ran that r wire with all the other bios wires (just to see what would happen) and sure enough i had sound problems and some games dident want to boot , so i put it the way i usualy do it and she works like shes a cherry .
Old Dec 24, 2003, 11:23 AM
Veteran

I haven't had any of the problems listed here, and got my chips (originals of course) from foundmy as well. I run power to the Messiah point, and run R with the rest of the wires, just flat on the board. I did have one system that occasionally had garbled PS2 logo, but still booted, I didn't think anything of it since it worked ok. My gound wire is always about 1cm and power is of course a bit longer but I use 22 ga wire for both of them. If anyone figures this out, make sure to post...
Old Jan 06, 2004, 12:47 PM

spent many hours on a version 5 that was giving garbled (fuzzy) logo and sometimes black screen when booting dvd-rs
i ran the r wire away from all other wires after reading about it and now the machine works perfectly
i use 30 awg so maybe the wire u use determines whether or not u need to run the r wire away from the others
30awg is pretty damn thin and not well insulated

either way i think everyone should keep the r wire well away from all other wires
its apparently a timing wire

Last edited by psxforever; Jan 06, 2004 at 12:58 PM.
Old Jan 06, 2004, 02:07 PM

hey moddogs,... you actually have clones. I've only done 2 v9 machines w/ MagicV50k (which I found out were clones later) and I had the same problem. Here's what you can do:

1. Disable the chip and it'll boot the original blue bottom discs
2. Eject the tray, put the blue bottom in and close the tray when it's at the browser screen

I'm pretty sure that's how method 2 worked. It's something like that (just recalling from memory).

Let me know if it works for ya...
Old Jan 06, 2004, 06:51 PM
Veteran

LOL...maybe the clones are actually better.

These originals freeze when playing PS2 cd-r backups.
It did boot an original cd game like once or twice but they freeze also.
Old Jan 13, 2004, 10:41 AM

Last weekend I came across another v9 that someone wanted a MagicV 50k installed into and for the life of me I couldn't get the damn modchip to work at all. Just kept getting the RSOD.

I spent about 6 hours working on this damn machine and tried everything I could think of (including swapping it with another MagicV 50k chip). I eventually had to give up. I've read at another site that a fella had problems with a v9 that had a GH-0023 board inside. He tried three different MagicV 50k chips and none of them worked. He threw in a Messiah and it worked like a charm.

Now I can't say whether the other 2 v9 machines I did had the GH-0023 board in them or not, but they worked just fine.

Just my 2...