CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Mac User
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 22, 2004, 04:59 AM

Default .img file

sponsored links

I have OS 9.2.2 installed on a beige G3. I recently got a .img file but when I double click it I get an error message saying could not find the application that created this file or something to that effect.
I have had problems like this with other files before but found an application that will handle its file type and open from within the application.
however I dont know what will open this file or even if it is compatible with OS 9. The app itself is OS 9 (the .img file is of an app) compatible but disk copy and stuffit (version 4) dont recognise it. I also tried the latest stuffit expander.
any ideas anyone?

yoshi
Old Jan 22, 2004, 09:30 AM
Veteran

Default Re: .img file

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by yoshi [/i]
[B]I have OS 9.2.2 installed on a beige G3. I recently got a .img file but when I double click it I get an error message saying could not find the application that created this file or something to that effect.
I have had problems like this with other files before but found an application that will handle its file type and open from within the application.
however I dont know what will open this file or even if it is compatible with OS 9. The app itself is OS 9 (the .img file is of an app) compatible but disk copy and stuffit (version 4) dont recognise it. I also tried the latest stuffit expander.
any ideas anyone?

yoshi [/B]
See if this works

try using the image copy in toast and drag the file into then window and select mount from the file pulldown menu
Old Jan 23, 2004, 01:16 PM

thanx ps2daddy, that worked a treat. As always, cdrom-guide has solved my problem

yoshi
Old Jan 23, 2004, 05:28 PM
Veteran

Glad it worked for you Yoshi
I try my best to help where I can