CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Oct 16, 2003, 01:14 AM

Exclamation

sponsored links

It's been years since I've last visited this site, but I saw a bunch of questions about if codes from Codebreaker, Action Replay Max, and Gameshark 3.# can be used on backups. Well, I have all 3 and I am able to use the codes. I have a PS2 w/Magic 3.1.

The Codebreaker v7 is the easiest to use...all you have to do is boot it, pick the codes you want, and once you select the codes, the cd tray auto ejects. Just put the backup in and press X. The tray will auto insert and the game should load.

Now the GS v3.# and Codebreaker 6 are tricky...you do the same as above, but when the tray auto ejects and you put the backup in, press the eject button and as soon as the tray closes, press X on the controller. This should work, but sometimes you might get 'cannot load disk' or the loading screen will freeze. If this happens, either you have to press X slightly after or before the cd tray closes (I think if you get 'cannot load disk', press X before, and if get the freeze, press X after).

The AR Max is the same for GS and CB 6, except the tray doesn't auto eject. Once you select the codes, you'll get a message saying to make sure the game is in. Press eject, put the backup in, press eject to insert the disk tray and press X at the same time the tray closes, and the backup should load. If nothing happens for awhile, just press eject and try again.

I hope this helps out everyone.
Old Oct 16, 2003, 04:18 PM

Were you actually able to boot DVD-R using method you mentioned?
Old Oct 16, 2003, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Were you actually able to boot DVD-R using method you mentioned?
Yes, dvd and cd backups work with this method, provided your PS2 can [i]self-boot[/i] them. Also, the cheat devices can also be backups.
Old Apr 20, 2004, 11:13 AM
Veteran

My backup ar works better than originals. As a matter of fact, they work everytime I use them.