CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old May 20, 2004, 08:06 PM

Unhappy Flip Top Problems

sponsored links

I just got a Flip Top and Swap Magic discs (version 3.2) for my ps2 which is a version 9 (5001). I installed the top cover and put in the cd swap disc and it makes a horrible noise and runs really fast. It's not usually booting up either (the swap disc doesn't even boot up most times), and i haven't been able to get a game to work yet. I removed the 8 srews from the bottom, removed the 2 screws from the top of the disk cover, and put the white piece in the new flip top, but the swap disc and my store bought games now really run rough and slow.

What am i doing wrong???

Thanks

P.s. this is where i got it

***********.gocybershop.ca/product_details.asp?ID=1915

Thanks
Old May 25, 2004, 02:26 PM

i just got the flip-top myself. first of all, the cover was warped and just didn't fit properly, i ended up having to leave 1 of the middle screws out to get the tray to shut. but it still wasn't loading games and making noise too. i found that the spring in the flip top lid was sticking out and scrubbing the disk (very hard to see) causing the problem. so after removing the cover 4 times, and trimming & sanding a bit, it finally works.