CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Aug 08, 2004, 12:51 PM

Default blankety blank blank screen reset hangs

sponsored links

Heres the crack guys eons ago I had this problem where by I would open a program and the screen would go black open the program then the screen would go black go black again then hang. if I tried to close the program screen goes black lots of clicking on and off then locks up. So I have done a complete reinstall formatted hard drives ect fresh install xp pro everything went fine untill wait for it I tried using a program and here we are again black screen ect. I have run virus scan Stinger I have all the updates Please dont tell me to reinstall there must be a solution other than through the window and into the garden. Any help would be apprecciated thanks
Old Aug 09, 2004, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackarias
Heres the crack guys eons ago I had this problem where by I would open a program and the screen would go black open the program then the screen would go black go black again then hang. if I tried to close the program screen goes black lots of clicking on and off then locks up. So I have done a complete reinstall formatted hard drives ect fresh install xp pro everything went fine untill wait for it I tried using a program and here we are again black screen ect. I have run virus scan Stinger I have all the updates Please dont tell me to reinstall there must be a solution other than through the window and into the garden. Any help would be apprecciated thanks
I have now run pc doctor and it has come up with 2 missing files temp\1xp000tmp could this be the cause of my probs ?
Old Aug 12, 2004, 07:39 AM

Default blankety blank

just in case anyone is intrested it was the graphics card but thanks for all your help any way