CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > DVD
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Sep 27, 2004, 12:55 PM

Default Converting HDTV .ts to .vob DVD? Help

sponsored links

I have some HDTV ts files I would like to convert into dvd the simplest way possible. I got a program called pro coder 2. It coverts it in around 2 hrs and looks fantasic but the audio doesn't sync up about half way through it.
Does anyone know of any other program that will convert directly from the .ts file to dvd .vob files?
Please help because this is driving me insane. I've probably converted this one file 10 times.
Old Sep 28, 2004, 02:57 PM
Veteran

What video format are the HDTV video files, XVid etc, as TS is and extension used on DVD but not for video files, im not an expert on this but i think im right in saying that the TS files contain information related to that DVD but not video files.

With this in mind i imagine the extension is not .TS but something else try loading it into VirtualDub and having a look what the video file actaully is then we can help further.
Old Oct 11, 2004, 12:14 PM

Lightbulb

The HDTV ts files are Mpeg2 transport streams - this is different from "normal" mpeg2s ( dvds/svcds) and a lot of programs which claim to read mpeg2 does not read them.

If it's a standart HDTV ts file, you can use this program to convert it to a normal mpg2:

***********.midwinter.com/~bcooley/