CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > DVD > DVD Tutorials and Guides
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Closed Thread

Old Nov 08, 2004, 04:17 PM

Unhappy need help pleeeezzzz

sponsored links

undefinedHi
can anybody tell a new start how 2 transfer dowloaded films on 2 disc wasted a few dvd,s would be most appreciated alex
Old Nov 20, 2004, 12:22 AM

I remember my early days just as frustrated as you with figuring out how to burn DVDís. While you donít state what type of equipment you currently possess I have determined a pretty sure fire way to seamlessly burn DVDís. It is a process meaning there is more than one step but it has worked well for me. I use two programs both available on the net. First, I use DVDDecrypter to strip the VOB files out of a DVD. VOB stands for DVD Video Object essentially a streaming MPEG-2. I then use DVD Clone to reconstruct the VOB files. The whole process takes about 28 minutes. What you are left with is a comparable product without the foreign subtitles. There is some compression taking place but I have only run into one movie that wouldnít burn into a useable copy. I then place my masters on the shelf and use my copies for day to day viewing. I have a four year old who has broken several of my disks so this is a helpful process for me. I use a DVD ĖR and I have a DVD Rom as well in my system. I am running a 3.0ghz Pentium 4 processor over clocked to 3.7 GHZ and 512 MB ram. I also have a 250 GB 7200RPM hard drive. If your system is slower than your times might be longer. Further, VOB files average 4.7 GB and if you donít have enough room on your hard drive, your Virtual memory will suffer slowing your system down even more so be sure you have enough space on your hard drive before starting.

Dunkleritter
Closed Thread