CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Aug 20, 2004, 06:31 PM

Default gamecube backup question..

sponsored links

hey, i havn't been keeping up TOO too well with the gamecube scene, and i tried looking this up but found nothing, so i was wondering if anyone could help me.

i have a modded panasonic Q gamecube and was wondering what options i have for backing up my games? i've heard about straming from a pc, i'm a little clueless on that..is there a way to burn the games to dvd-r or dvd-rw?

if anyone knows a good site for this, like how xbox-scene is THE xbox backup site, could someone let me know?

thanks, sorry to sound so newbie-ish.
Old Nov 24, 2004, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by User Name
hey, i havn't been keeping up TOO too well with the gamecube scene, and i tried looking this up but found nothing, so i was wondering if anyone could help me.

i have a modded panasonic Q gamecube and was wondering what options i have for backing up my games? i've heard about straming from a pc, i'm a little clueless on that..is there a way to burn the games to dvd-r or dvd-rw?

if anyone knows a good site for this, like how xbox-scene is THE xbox backup site, could someone let me know?

thanks, sorry to sound so newbie-ish.
Okay, first of all, you can't have a modded Panasonic Q. There isn't such a thing(yet). The Panasonic Q is an upgraded Gamecube (in the sense that it can play DVDs)You wanna know how to copy and stream Gamecube games? I reccommend a GREAT site called GOOGLE.com. Ask the correct question and you'll get the correct answer. The info is out there; you just gotta look for it and devote yourself to finding it.

Even though streaming a GC game is the only way now to play one, a modchip is in the making. VERY few people know about it, but it's called the "Katana* project. The 2 brothers who came out with the first modchip for PS1 is on this task. It's RUMORED to be anywhere from 17-21 wires. Among some of the first rumors is that it was a 54 wire. Some how that's all I believe that to be...a 54 wire rumor. There is only one video clip on the net (so far) showing the Gamcube SUCCESSFULLY running an emulator off a mini-DVD-R. It can be found at Bit Torrent websites and even so the picture isn't THAT good. There are ALOT of skeptics out there that say it's nothing but crap; that leads to one conclusion. They're VERY miserable and get their joys from flaming. End of story.

CURRENTLY, streaming the Gamecube game to your gamecube is the only known way to play Gamcube games. However, there are SO MANY rumors flying around about ways to burn the ISO and play it that it's UNBELIEVABLE. It is rumored that with the Panasonic Q, you should be able to burn it to either a normal sized DVD or mini-dvd and it will play. However, that's only a rumor. Try that out for us and give us a report! I also heard something about soldering a wire in 2 places in the Gamecube and removing the top off the Gamcube, and then you were able to play GC games off a burnt mini-DVD-R. NOTE: these are ONLY rumors. I have not tried any of these methods myself. I'm only out there like every other Gamecube fanatic; trying to find a way to hack the cube! So far as emulators....there are N64, SNES (and I believe) NES emualtors for the Gamecube. Also, there are mini-homebrew games for the Gamcube made by hobbists. No, there is no fix for the lag problem with some Games when you stream then to the BBA. But it is heard that a solution is in the making.

Anyone else here of any rumors (belieable, based on fact, or not) Please, post in here and share with us. If I might have made a mistake, due post and correct me!

Consider yourself UPDATED!
Old Nov 24, 2004, 07:33 PM
Veteran

You sound updated.. (a gamecube chip should be out soon it was just unveiled and uses 4 wires.. the only problem is it sounds like it is more of a loader than a chip for playing burned games)

Anyways, would any phantasy star online still work for the loader? (curious if its been fixed so it wont load)

Last edited by linkx2k1; Nov 25, 2004 at 12:26 AM.
Old Dec 12, 2004, 03:04 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldasice99
Okay, first of all, you can't have a modded Panasonic Q. There isn't such a thing(yet). The Panasonic Q is an upgraded Gamecube (in the sense that it can play DVDs)You wanna know how to copy and stream Gamecube games? I reccommend a GREAT site called GOOGLE.com. Ask the correct question and you'll get the correct answer. The info is out there; you just gotta look for it and devote yourself to finding it.

Even though streaming a GC game is the only way now to play one, a modchip is in the making. VERY few people know about it, but it's called the "Katana* project. The 2 brothers who came out with the first modchip for PS1 is on this task. It's RUMORED to be anywhere from 17-21 wires. Among some of the first rumors is that it was a 54 wire. Some how that's all I believe that to be...a 54 wire rumor. There is only one video clip on the net (so far) showing the Gamcube SUCCESSFULLY running an emulator off a mini-DVD-R. It can be found at Bit Torrent websites and even so the picture isn't THAT good. There are ALOT of skeptics out there that say it's nothing but crap; that leads to one conclusion. They're VERY miserable and get their joys from flaming. End of story.

CURRENTLY, streaming the Gamecube game to your gamecube is the only known way to play Gamcube games. However, there are SO MANY rumors flying around about ways to burn the ISO and play it that it's UNBELIEVABLE. It is rumored that with the Panasonic Q, you should be able to burn it to either a normal sized DVD or mini-dvd and it will play. However, that's only a rumor. Try that out for us and give us a report! I also heard something about soldering a wire in 2 places in the Gamecube and removing the top off the Gamcube, and then you were able to play GC games off a burnt mini-DVD-R. NOTE: these are ONLY rumors. I have not tried any of these methods myself. I'm only out there like every other Gamecube fanatic; trying to find a way to hack the cube! So far as emulators....there are N64, SNES (and I believe) NES emualtors for the Gamecube. Also, there are mini-homebrew games for the Gamcube made by hobbists. No, there is no fix for the lag problem with some Games when you stream then to the BBA. But it is heard that a solution is in the making.

Anyone else here of any rumors (belieable, based on fact, or not) Please, post in here and share with us. If I might have made a mistake, due post and correct me!

Consider yourself UPDATED!
the modification he is talking about is a region switch modification, a switch which allows the q to be switched between japan and usa mode (sorry if the only mods you count are mods that let you pirate games)
there is no 54 wire or whatever modchip and will probably never be (katana was the dreamcast development kit name)
there is a 4 wire modchip coming out (possibly an extra wire or two for the lid sensor override but im not sure) but
There are no bios yet that would let us just burn and run games from mini dvd-r (not even taking into account if that would let us bypass the barcode protection that is meant to be built into the drive and not the mainboard or so i heard)

No burning an iso onto a mini dvd will not work on a normal GC and burning it onto any type of DVD will not work on a Q