CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup > Dreamcast
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Oct 19, 2004, 11:44 AM

sponsored links

i also read somewhere, i think the gd workshop, that the last data track has to exceed the 40:00 minute barrier. so you have to put a dummy file in the last track as well.

try that along with the cdrecord syntax in my earlier post. of course you are making a dummy test disc. if it shows the SEGA logo when you boot it, then we are getting somewhere.
Old Oct 21, 2004, 08:09 AM

Hey everybody how's the research going, I just read this thread a few hours ago and I can say that this is pretty exciting and I wish to contribute to this project with information... (That's pretty much all I'm good at is finding information) so here's a site that might interest you:
********douglas.min.net/dreamcast/hardware/gdrom/gdrom-manual.pdf
********douglas.min.net/dreamcast/games/dev/gdrom-security.pdf

If you need the gdworkshop from the Sega Dreamcast SDK Kit (version R9 only) I can also send it to you...
Old Oct 28, 2004, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateS
Hey everybody how's the research going, I just read this thread a few hours ago and I can say that this is pretty exciting and I wish to contribute to this project with information... (That's pretty much all I'm good at is finding information) so here's a site that might interest you:
********douglas.min.net/dreamcast/hardware/gdrom/gdrom-manual.pdf
********douglas.min.net/dreamcast/games/dev/gdrom-security.pdf

If you need the gdworkshop from the Sega Dreamcast SDK Kit (version R9 only) I can also send it to you...
I wasn't be able to visit this forum the last two weeks. But, if I've the time, I'll give it a try to create a "GD" with a CD.

I stoped tryin' to make my games run because it's impossible. Do they have a 2nd copy protection? Is my burner not be able to burn games which will work? Hell, I don't know. I'm not that long active in the DC scene, ya know. Well, I got the coders cable for free anyway (thanks to Lik-Sang payback points!), so I haven't lost anything but time. ^-^

-Suzuke-
Old Oct 28, 2004, 11:20 AM

are you using a dvd-rw drive or a cdrw drive? i heard dvdrw drive cant burn dc disc properly.
Old Oct 29, 2004, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrb2k
are you using a dvd-rw drive or a cdrw drive? i heard dvdrw drive cant burn dc disc properly.
Self ripped, self dummied, burned with a NEC DVD+RW ND-2100AD drive. Only the DK 3.0 (with 'self edited' pictures, files, etc) Utopia bootdisc and the serial slave disc work.
Sakura Taisen 4, Ikaruga, Psyvariar 2 and Soul Calibur won't work.They selfboot, but that's all. I even edited the BIN files by myself, but the copies only selfboot that's all. I killed around 20CD-R's.

Anyway, I'll try the CD- GD thingy if I've the time to (maybe this weekend, yeah I think I'll give it a try this weekend).

-Suzuke-

Last edited by Suzuke; Oct 29, 2004 at 04:39 PM.
Old Dec 27, 2004, 09:34 PM

Default I'm back

Hey! I haven't been here for months... hmm.. nothing has changed, though.

Anyway, I'll maybe try the new method next year. Haven't had the time to yet.

Suzuke