CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 01, 2005, 04:37 PM

Default Need help after fitting modchip

sponsored links

i have fitted a duox 2 chip to my crystal xbox but when pressing the power button the xbox will not work and a red flashing light is around the eject switch. from what i can find out this seems to be a eprom problem, could it be that the chip needs flashing ? i have checked the installation several times and it seems fine ... any help would be appreciated as the xbox was the sons chrissy box

after looking again noticed this: when pressing the eject button to power up (chip disabled) xbox powers up normally, however when pressing power button to start xbox (chip enables) the green light flashes three times then flashes red green, screen is black with on error messages or anything.

checked the intall connections again and all seem secure and cant see any solder splashes...please help before son contacts childline

Last edited by darren wright; Jan 01, 2005 at 05:39 PM.
Old Jan 03, 2005, 01:50 AM

I had the EXACT prob with mine,it worked for a few weeks b4 it started to do that but..

I took it back to the guy who installed it 4 me n he put a new chip in it n no probs ...he said sumthn like the 1 he first put in it was for older model xboxz,

sorry couldnt help more,just rekn u put in another chip.

mine u at 1 stage,got pissd off with it and u can actually hit the xbox from the side or tap it on ground n it fired up every time..swear!
Old Jan 03, 2005, 05:16 AM

Could be a couple of things.

I guess if its a crystal box it is either a v1.6, or v1.6b. Did you do the lpc rebuild? Also IIRC a poor d0 point will cause this problem.

If you have a 1.6 or 1.6b then there are bioses specific to those versions. I have never used a duox 2 chip before, do they come with cromwell bios on them? My guess is that you will have to reflash with either the 1.6 or 1.6b bios.

Hope that helps!
Old Jan 03, 2005, 07:44 AM

thanks for the replies, I took the chip off and reinstalled it and it worked straight away. not sure what was wrong the first time i couldnt see anything wrong with the install but I did it again just in case