CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2 > PS2 Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 12, 2005, 09:52 PM

Default newbie needs expert opinion

sponsored links

Ok heres the deal........i have a PS2 model scph5001/n....version 9. I have always been a big gamer. I dont play online very often if at all. I have just started learning about mods and backing up PS2 games.which i have some questions about......but those will wait until later. Heres what i need to know.
I have been looking into many different mod chips for my system. The problem is that i have heard stories about many of them and am not really sure which route to take. I thought that if maybe i talked to some people with experience in this field i could find the best of the group.
Heres a list of the ones ive been looking into.
-dms4 pro
-neo12
-magic 3.2
-magic v50k
-matrix infinity
-mars pro gm603
Here are two other options.....which im not sure about.
-ps2 flip top with swap magic 3.3 and slide cards
-hd advance 2.0 with maxtor 120 gb hdd
I'm not big on the disk swapping idea.....actually i would rather not bother if need be. All i want is to build my collection of backups so i dont have to rent them anymore.....since im using gamesnflix for that right now....lol.The other thing i want to do is finish building my dvd collection. I need a chip that i can play both of these things on.....and on my computer from time to time if need be.
I am getting ready to do all of this very soon. I have other questions about backing up ps2 games as well as other things, but first things first.....i really could use some help in this area.....feel free to im me through yahoo messenger or email me at [email]swoopswraith69@yahoo.com[/email]. I look forward to hearing from some of you soon.
Thank You.
Old Feb 01, 2005, 06:42 PM

dms4, is probably the best of the lot there, though don't forget to install the romeo mod if chipping a v9, or you could wind up needing a new laser!

Also my favourite at the moment for sheer game play is the ghost2 and it's v9/v10 compatable, so no need for laser fix's!
Hope that's of some help for you.

[email]ghost2_fitter@hotmail.co.uk[/email]
for all your premod needs
E-Bay I.D ghost2_fitter