CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2 > PS2 Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 09, 2005, 03:39 AM

Question Newbie help colour problems.

sponsored links

First please don't flame me. i am a newbie

I bought a sparsely used ps2 last month.
Along with games it was destined to be my
dvd player. i also bougt a tv which i wanted form a no return bargain on the internet which was good but was pal only but unlike my previous tv which was multisystem. my media and games
are truly a mixed bag of pal and ntsc.
The ps2 is pre modded and plays all dvd movies
games imports backup which is good but .i get
no colour when i use ntsc movies and games .
i bought a stupid ntsc to pal colour coverter
which only had a rf output so i can't use my compenent wire capability it adds extra wiring and works for games but dispalys the dvd's green i don't know why.i don't like such solution.i have heard that the ps2 can be made to output pal by default through software means.or very minimal modification do you such a product .it would be last resort to get it's circuitry soldered .
what other options do i have.

i did backup and patch a few games . but there has to be a better one time fix solution . to permanently display everything in pal.

the ps2 is scph 3003 has ten screws in it's back.is a pal version.i don't know which mod chip is installed .i haven't opened it.
Old Feb 01, 2005, 07:03 PM

check out www.psxgoods.com and scroll down to the v3 installation diagram, there's a colour fix at the end of it. same with v1 to v7 if anyone needs a colour fix for either pal or ntsc. doesn't matter which chip you have, the colour fix will work with any.

[email]ghost2_fitter@hotmail.co.uk[/email]
for all your premod needs
E-Bay I.D ghost2_fitter