CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > DVD > DVD/CD Media Discussion
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Feb 15, 2005, 09:19 PM

Default Any ideas!

sponsored links

I just have question. I am hoping that someone else has had the same problem! Being new to the dvd burning thing I have run into a problem. I am using DVD shrink and DVD43Free. I have backed up several movies already. What is happening now is the DVD shrink ****izes the dvd then encodes it. Then the burning starts. However for some reason it takes the same amount of time to burn as normal. When I take the burnt dvd out and put it in my player it doesn't play. I remove the disc I can see the burnt line, it is only about a half inch from the center. Meaning the burning process is stopped or for some reason it is only burning part of the movies, yet it won't play anything back. I have wasted about 5 discs due to this. I have not changed discs and no changed any of the settings on the DVD shrink. It just started doing it. PLease if anyone has any idea of what is going on can they PLEASE help me. I back up alot of movies for my 4 yr old son to watch. I am using msonic discs I know they are cheap, but I never had a problem before. Also if some knows of a good program other than DVD shrink could they please tell me.. Thank You
Old Feb 21, 2005, 07:11 PM

Does this keep happing to the same movie or all sorts of movies! because some newer movies cant be copied or when you do it stops for some reason like resident evil apocolsype and the grudge! Just curious! It may be the movies themselves and not your hardware or software.