CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2 > PS2 Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Feb 21, 2005, 10:14 PM

Post V10 MatrixInfinity freeze on browser screen

sponsored links

hey guys, my friend is installing my ps2 for me right now and basically he soldered all the points.. but when he starts up the ps2 the ps2 freezes at broswer screen, theres green light and blue light, it ejects fine, but no light on the controller. Also, he used alternate solder point for A but didn't use alternate points for B, G, H, I.

Thanks for helping guys
Old Feb 24, 2005, 04:59 PM

sounds like you've got a solder bridge. re-check your install using a multi meter and recheck your solder points. If you can't find anything remove the chip and check that the console works properly without it.
Before you do any of that check the controller port ribbon is attatched to the mobo properly as it only has to be out a fraction to cause problems.

www.ghost2fitter.co.uk
For all your U.k pre mod and fitting needs.
We now have silver and crystal blue slimline pstwo's in stock!
contact us at
[email]sales@ghost2fitter.co.uk[/email]

ebay I.D ghost2_fitter
Old Feb 24, 2005, 08:23 PM

i checked the ribbon controller port and it was fine.. so i decided to take out the mod chip.. and after i tried turning on the ps2 and it worked fine without the modchip but the weird thing was, the day after.. i turned my ps2 on again.. and there was no screen, not sound, no nothing.. only a green light and this is after taking out the mod chip. So i'm have no idea whats wrong with my ps2 now..

btw.. will a little electrostatic shock ruin the whole mobo? or is the mobo static protected?

thanks again
Old Feb 26, 2005, 06:54 PM

IF you static shocked any of the ps2, there could be a problem for sure. Thats not good for electronics. I would look again at bridge connections as was mentioned above. Good Luck,