CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > DVD > DVD Tutorials and Guides
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Closed Thread

Old Feb 09, 2005, 11:56 AM

Default Couple Newbie Questions.....

sponsored links

Sup guys,

First off I would like to say that I love this forum and also that I have tried using the search feature but have come across several different responses to the questions I have which have left me a little confused. I need to know the following,

1. Can I used DVD Shrink or DVD Decryptor to burn movies or are they used strictly for decrypting? Where can I get these softwares? and are they free?

2. What software do I need to back up my original DVD's?

3. Where can I get a simplified guided tutorial on how to back up my DVD's?

I cant give you much on pc specs but i'll try,
Dell 4600
Intel Pentium 4 processor with 2.6 GHz
256 MB of Dual Channel DDR 400MHz
40 gigs hardrive,
Dell DVD Rom 16X IDE DVD
Pioneer 108 DVR

Feedback would be greatly appreciated.

You guys rock
Old Feb 10, 2005, 08:48 AM

1 ) Shrink will burn, DVD Decryptor will not.

2 ) In theory, all you would need is DVD Shrink as it decrypts, shrinks, burns, re-authors etc.

3 ) If you use DVD Shrink, you don't really need a tutorial...it's that easy and you can check it's help section. I'd stick with DVD Shrink if I were you...I've tried several progs and none of them compare with DVD Shrink.

4 ) Your PC looks good. You should have no problems ripping and burning.
Old Feb 24, 2005, 09:25 AM

Thanks for the reponse, I installed the DVR 108 I recently purchased yesterday and attempted to backup one of my original DVD movies (rush hour 2) However according to a guide I came across at ***********.dvd-guides.com/content/view/16/59/ I doesnt mention anything about decrypting. How do you decrypt using shrink?

Why do some people decrypt with DVD decryptor then burn with shrink?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Old Feb 27, 2005, 08:02 PM

To remove macrovision, go to ' edit " then " preferences " and you'll find the box to check to remove it...but...Shrink automatically does this for you. As for the second question, I use DVD Decryptor and then use DVD Shrink because, in the past, there were a few times when usink DVD Shrink to rip didn't work, so I ripped and removed macrovision with DVD Decryptor and let Shrink do the rest...but that was with older versions...I've never ripped with the latest version of DVD Shrink as I just got used to doing it the old way.
Closed Thread