CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2 > Gameplay & Strategy
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Closed Thread

Old Jan 04, 2005, 09:49 AM

Default question about ps2 slim

sponsored links

does anyone know if you can use a USB jump drive or "pen drive" to load downloaded game saves or does anyone know how to get them onto a memory card from your PC?

thanks
Old Jan 11, 2005, 05:43 AM

PS2 game saves on a PC (downloaded or whatever) can be in (at least?) two formats.

There is a .xps format save file which can be transferred to a PS2 using Datels Xport 2 (it was called Sharkport 2 in the US). This uses a special (?) USB cable to connect the PC to the PS2 to enable the saves to be transferred (software is run on the PC and the PS2 to achieve this). I am not sure of the compatibility of this with the new PS2.

Now Datel have come up with a new device called Max Drive which comes with a 16Mb USB type "pen drive" and you can use the supplied software on the PC to load the saves to the drive (.max extension) and then software on the PS2 to receive and uncompress the save to the memory card. I have both devices. I don't expect there to be any problems with this and the new PS2.

I have a normal 128Mb "pen drive" but have yet to see if it works with the Max Drive software. I have both devices. The Max Drive is the more convenient, but modified Gran Turismo 3/Concept saves (via a program) can only be in Xport format.

If you get the Max Drive I don't mind converting the odd .xps format saves to .max format.

Last edited by RogsR34UK; Jan 11, 2005 at 05:46 AM.
Old Jan 14, 2005, 12:07 PM

Default RogsR34UK max drive

for the max drive from Datel, i understand the software on the pc but how do you get software on the PS2 to receive and uncompress the save to the memory card?

thanks
Old Mar 09, 2005, 05:45 PM
Veteran

It should use a disk for that too.
Closed Thread