CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > CD Graphics & Karaoke
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Mar 15, 2005, 05:21 AM

Talking New User with CDG Questions

sponsored links

Hi everyone, I'm so glad I found this site. First of all I'd like to say that I'm so new when it comes to cdg disc's but my brother in law wants me to make back ups for him and unfortunately the only compatible burner I have won't work on my computer for some reason, it works on his fine, but he doesn't know or have the time to do it, so it's up to me. Now both my internal drives can read both cdg and cdtext so they should be able to play karaoke discs fine and I was unable to test that out until I got the handy windows media player pluggin that I found posted about on this wonderful site! And yes I can play cdg fine, the words come up great and in time with the video and music.

Now what I want to know is if there is a way to back up the cdg discs to my hard drive so that in about a month when I get my new plextor I can begin to burn the tracks back onto a cd and get them off my computer. Now is a good time to do that because I'm off work for about a week. I need to know how I can do this or if it's possible to copy cdg discs without a compatible burner?

EDIT:

I just figured out how to copy two different kinds of karaoke cd's using nero and a non-compatible cd burner with the cheapest cdr's I have, it takes about 5 minutes start to finish. Thanks for this site for pointing me in the right direction!!!

Last edited by Rockshocker; Mar 15, 2005 at 07:17 AM.
Old Mar 15, 2005, 09:21 AM

back your discs up with audiograbber or mp3gtoolz4 will save you space on your hardrives and you can convert back to cdg at a later date see karaoke playground for info check first post in the cdg section for info to get there
Old Mar 15, 2005, 10:15 AM

Hey DJ, I tried what it says at that site but the programs they tell me to use say that my burner is not compatible, but what luck, I just use nero and tell it to copy a cd and it works like a charm!!! I'm so happy hehe.
Old Mar 15, 2005, 11:05 AM

it depends if your burner reads sub code data which is the graphics also sum times you need to install upto date aspi cdrwin has it built in if you can copy sub code data though you should be able to rip??? whats your burner mate???
Old Mar 16, 2005, 02:59 AM

Hey DJ, I got a, ah crap I gotta shut down the computer and plug my cd roms in again, my wife's computer is down so I put her hard drives in my computer and I guess I unhooked the cd roms when I plugged her drives in. Anyhow I'm not quite sure til I power down and plug the burner back in. It says HP dvd writer dvd 400i on the front but I flashed it to a Philips one.

I copied a couple different cdg's today and sent them off to my brother in laws tonight and he said that they work fine except for a (can't remember if it was 3 or 30 second stall) delay between tracks. I was burning using ultra cheap media so he's gonna grab some cdr's that worked fine before. Also CDRwin always told me that there were no supported devices on my machine. That is very odd if you ask me!