CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > CD Graphics & Karaoke
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Mar 18, 2005, 08:05 PM

Default Using NEC 3520A & CDRWIN 3.9, have errors

sponsored links

Hey guys, I have a crap load of Mp3+G's, like 100,000 or so. And I would like to make compilation disks or at least make full disks from all the collections I have. I can make backup copies of my CD+G originals all day long with CloneCD 5, but when I try to burn .bin files from the converted MP3+G zip files using CDRWIN, I get errors.. Most recently, the error is "Start DAO Recording".. it's a error I've seen come up a few times in this forum, one person suggested changing the ASPI to what the recorder uses, not CDRWIN, but it doesn't help.

Need help guys.. I'm itching to burn..

Oh, and one last thing, for some reason, when I look dialog box for the status of my NEc drive within CDRWIN, it says it does not support CD+G read.. But thats BS, b/c NEC shows this drives supports it and how else could I use Clone CD to copy my CD+G disks?
Old Mar 19, 2005, 01:05 AM

I had used cdrwin for about 3 or 4 years copying karaoke disc's and making compulation disc's. I could never get it to work good writing a bin file to a disc once I had converted it from a mp3+g file. I use mp3g toolzs to convert them. I always use Plextor drives, they are the best. I now use Microstudio from MTU to write and copy all my Karaoke. Click [URL=***********.mtu.com/basics/karaoke.htm]here to check out Microstudio out. It is the best software I have ever found to write karaoke. I also use MTU's Hoster program to run my karaoke show.
Old Mar 19, 2005, 11:48 PM

hey man, I just checked out MTU's software and in the demo it says my drive does not support karaoke.

So I'm back to the drawing board. what other software out there can I use? It's a pain to buy a drive that says it supports CD+G copying and then you got software like MTU's telling you no... but buy this...
Old Mar 20, 2005, 04:35 PM
Veteran

u may need to install the latest version of cdrwin to get the full cdg support,or it may be that cdrwin will never support your writer for cdg.

steve54
Old Mar 20, 2005, 11:18 PM

hey guys, I ended up buying a Plextor PX-Premium CDRW burnder w/52x write speed.. It sounds like it's about the best I can get to do what I need to do.

Got it on Newegg.com for $65 + $4 s/H.

I'll get the MTU program as soon as the new burner comes in. I think it'll be good addition to have b/c it'll give my new NEC DVD burner a break..