CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > CD-R & CD-RW
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Mar 11, 2005, 12:10 PM

Default Burn CD with mix of pause/no pause between tracks?

sponsored links

Hi --

Does anyone know how to burn a CD with a mix of pause and no pause between tracks?

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Ryan
Old Mar 11, 2005, 06:36 PM

you can use nero to take the pauses out of each track just drag your files into burn window and right click on tracks you want to delete pause a box opens and it says gap is 2 sec by default change to 0 for no gap or leave at 2 for the gap
Old Mar 22, 2005, 01:56 AM

This solution will not work with Nero Express, but works great in the regular version.

---------------------------------------------

I have a question of my own on this subject...

Can you eliminate the pauses between tracks for data CDs (using MP3s)?

I know that MP3s are not perfect, but I use Lame and Sound Forge to trim them down to the bone.

So can Nero burn with no space in-between MP3s in a data CD? Sometimes I combine multiple tracks onto one, but I have a CD that is practically gapless from beginning to end and I dont want to make a 30 minute track!

Old Mar 22, 2005, 01:25 PM

Quote:
So can Nero burn with no space in-between MP3s in a data CD?
The problem isn't with Nero, the problem lies in how MP3's work. MP3's use frames. some programs will truncate the frames if it isn't full of audio data and other programs will fill the frame to the end as a failsafe so the whole song plays to the very end. When a program fills up the frame, this is where the gap comes from.

If you truely want a perfect gappless recording, the best way would be to convert the MP3 to wave format, then using a wave editor, cut the songs apart at the point you want and save those individual tracks to individual waves. Load them into Nero and select 0 for the gap time.
Old Mar 22, 2005, 01:36 PM
Veteran

you can trim the dead space off the end and the beginning of the tracks in nero:

Go to the same place you would to remove the 2 second gap, this time at the top choose the tab with index limits and splits on, let the track run its course, pull the red and yellow sliders in to eliminate the dead space, remove the 2 second gap, fade in to the next track and out of the previous track by 2 seconds, burn the disc as Disc At Once..

Never tried burning MP3s to stay as MP3's like that tho..
Old Mar 23, 2005, 09:34 AM

The beauty of burning data CDs is that you can burn alot more than 80 minutes worth of MP3s on them. Many times I cant fit everything I want into a regular CD so a data MP3 CD works nicely.

Perhaps technology hasnt caught up to the idea yet, but it will one day.