CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > DVD > DVD/CD Media Discussion
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jul 17, 2005, 09:16 AM

Default DVD+RW burning problems with Nero and Data Life PLus

sponsored links

I have a NEC 1300A burner. I have been using Memorex 4x DVD-R from Walmart to store stuff on that I plan on keeping, like movies. They work perfect.. They are The only ones I have found so far that work 100%. I also currently use Nero 6 for burning disk.

But I have several items that change from week to month.. Like movies Im testing & backups ect.. I dont want to waste DVD-R on that stuff. I seen that (Verbatim (DataLifePlus) 4xDVD+RW) were suppose to work well with my burner. So I ordered some of those.

I burned a few of the Verbatim DVD+RW's using Nero (multisession).. I then used DVDINFO to check for errors.. As Nero error checker has given me false positives in the past.. All 5 that I burned had errors toward the end??.. So I did a full reformat on one and burned it again.. It again had errors..

Next I formated the DVD+RW for INCD.. I drag & dropped the same files over to My drive and it burned them just fine like before.. I tested it with DVDINFO again.. and there were no errors?? Now a few days later.. 2 of those wont read anymore??

I do like the ease of use.. of the packet writing software. But I dont trust it, because I had problems with it loosing data a few years ago. (Like just now.. I guess its still no better) I only used it last week when I got errors doing the multisession disk.

Any suggestions on what the problem might be.. I would really like to use the RWs so I could update data every few days easily. Im just not sure why Im getting all the errors.
If Nero is the problem.. I could go back to Roxio which is what I used when I had problem a few years ago??.. But now its Nero.. hum?

Maybe Im not setting up Nero to burm multisessions right for a DVD+RW.. I did it just like with the DVD-R.. I just didnt close it.. But then again I dont close the DVD-R if there not full?

If it helps.. Im using:

Win XP Pro SP2
NEC 1300A
Verbatim (DataLifePlus) 4xDVD+RW (MKM.....A02)

Thanks!
r1013