CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > CD Graphics & Karaoke
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Sep 01, 2005, 04:25 PM

Default Unbeliavable whats going on in the US...

sponsored links

hey guys, I live in the state of LA in the US and it is devasting what that storm has done to the southern portion of my state. It's so chaotic and scary down in those areas. People are fleeing for shelter everywhere, even as far as 1000 km's b/c there is no room and/or resources to keep them at places close to their hometowns. In my city alone, weve taken in over 25,000 people or more.. They are living out of school gyms, churches, stadiums, etc.. I'm doing what I can to help provide support for these people and many others here are too.. But it's hard with the gas prices going up and their even shutting gas statiosn down b/c they've run out of gas. 30% of our oil refining capacity for the entire US was halted by the hurricane.. It's really amazing.. And these people lost their homes and jobs in many cases. There is absolutely nothing to go back to.. the city of New Orleans is part of the Gulf of Mexico ocean now..

So please donate if you can or just think bout us over in the states.. know most of you are from other countries.. And this is a long term problem, not short term.

On a side note, I will still be selling dvd's and hd's to whomever needs them. You can find details on some of my other threads.. my email addie is pardue77 @ yahoo.com

Welp, I'm off to fill my gas tank b4 they shut the pumps off @ 6 pm today.

cya
Old Sep 02, 2005, 04:02 AM

Hiya mate glad to here your ok

From across the pond we have watched this unvail from what seemed to be just another hurricane to the davastation we are seeing on our TV screens thougths go out to all those concerned

Dave
Old Sep 02, 2005, 07:13 PM

tghanks Dave, slowly, but surely, it seems things are getting better... But the events are still unfolding.. Here in my hometown, gas is very scarce and high. We have had a influx of 20,000-30,000 people transplanted here who are now dependent upon us to help them. I've been talking to some of the rescue agencies and there is progress is finding temporary housing and apartments from some, but many of the poor who have no close relatives are going to be left with no place to go I'm afraid.

At this point in time, all our shelters are maxed out. They've bussed many to 2 major cities in Texas, US, but their facilities are maxed out and they are turning away refugees.

It's really sad that my own country would bail out others, like in the Tsaumani incident and in a fast, efficient manner.. Yet, in my own country, they leave us high and dry, to fend for ourselves. It is sickening. And the death toll is in the thousands now.