CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics > Computer Networking & Security
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Aug 30, 2005, 09:23 AM

Post Wireless Networking

sponsored links

Hi, I have a desktop PC and a laptop that i am hoping to network wirelessly. My pc is connected to the net through a USB ADSL Modem. Is it possible to share the connection to the net without a router using a USB wireless adapter, in the desktop PC, and a wireless card in the laptop?
Old Aug 30, 2005, 09:49 AM

Certainly should work without a hitch, so long as you remember to make sure the PC connected to the modem is switched on when you need to access the web through the laptop (I know, sounds obvious, but you'd be surprised how many times I used to forget!!)
Old Sep 10, 2005, 07:03 PM

It's called Peer to Peer and yes you can do it just makes sure your password proteced and you have the usual setup - Firewall/AV/Anti Spam