CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics > Computer Networking & Security
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Dec 18, 2005, 01:28 PM

Default Wireless laptop problem

sponsored links

Having problems connecting my laptop to the router.Ive bought Buffalo 54mbps Wireless Cable/Dsl Router and a BT Voyager 1060 Im running WinXP and telewest broadband Webstar Scientific Modem.Ive Plugged the Router into the modem and installed the laptop adapter. Are these things idiot proof or is it just me.
Old Dec 20, 2005, 01:51 PM
Veteran

Can you be more specific on the exact problem.

Are you plugging any other pc's into the router?

Have you tried plugging the laptop in with a network cable rather then wireless. This will let you determine if the problem is with the wireless adaptor or the router...

Often when you first plug in a router, although most configure themselves, they don't always enable the wireless portion. With mine I had to go in the configuration and tell it to enable the wireless signal...