CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup > Dreamcast
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Nov 30, 2005, 02:18 AM

sponsored links

Bump!

I was looking over this site for nostalgia sake to read some of my previous post I made when I was younger, and I realized how much this place helped me when starting out. Everyone was real nice here and I really appreciate some of the more experienced/older members helping everyone out. A lot of that stuff was over my head back then, and like pretty much every other member here I just wanted to know how to burn dreamcast games with my piece of crap Gateway in a simple, one click solution. I had no idea about the complexities of computers let alone all the work groups did to just release a game to the masses. Now being on the other side of the fence and knowing first hand everything involved, I just can't but help remember the care free days of leeching a dreamcast game off f-cksega or an open pub! God, how much I miss those days.

But a greetings to all the veterans here that looked past the retardedness of my post and helped me find something that I have become pretty good at, I don't think I would have really gotten into computers if it wasn’t for this site.

[Img]********img513.imageshack.us/img513/7717/betperry6id.gif[/img]
Old Jan 06, 2006, 04:35 PM

Hi There, wassup ?

remember me ? Well I was looking for some help with my xbox and I thought why not check out good old cdrom-guide ? And then I looked at the DC-Forums.. just for fun .. maybe some of the vets are still in here

Yeah I remember the old times also dude.. was really cool.. I spent nearly every day searching dead ftp-servers and blocked http-sites for some dc-isos. Spent also much time on MIRC, downloading games.

now I have a modded ps2 + xbox.. (xbox screwed) but the times aren't quite the same

Well nice to "see" and old face after all the years.

greets mate
Old Jan 21, 2006, 10:07 PM

Funny I was just doing the same thing, I still have my DC sitting around my entertainment center and decided to play a few old games and just stopped through for old times sake.

Definately remeber searhing for ftp servers and ended up on warez on some other crap...lol. But the ultimate had to of been the old I-Drive site...man that was fun