CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox > Xbox Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Apr 16, 2006, 10:37 PM

Default Soft mod help needed

sponsored links

Ok, I have soft modded my system recently using this [URL=********forums.pimprig.com/anything_gaming/44025-how_to_soft_mod_your_xbox.html]turorial .

Everything appears to be working fine. When I boot the Xbox, I get the Evox dashboard to come up.

Here is where my problem starts though.

I cannot FTP to my Xbox.

I have a cat5 cable connected to the Xbox and going into my PC's nic card.
I wait for my "local area connection" to say connected.
Then I try to connect to the Xbox the way the tutorial describes.

Quote:
FTP'ing your xbox!!

Items needed:
PC
NIC
Atleast a Cat5 cross-over cable

With this setup you may want an additional NIC in your PC if you want to access the internet at the same time as you pc. (Preferred)

1. Connect the xbox to the PC using the cross-over cable through your NIC and the ethernet port on your xbox.

2. Click Start. Right click My Network Connections and click on "Map Network Drive...".

3. Now click on "Sign up for online storage or connect to a network server". "Add Network Place Wizard" should come up.

4. Select "Choose another Network Location". Hit Next. Type in ftp://xbox:xbox@192.168.0.3. Hit Next. Now type in Xbox for the name of the network place. Hit Next. Now hit Finish.

You are now done!

After you finish open the E:\ and make the following folders: Games, Movies, Apps, and Pictures. These are the folders you add your stuff to.
However, I can never connect to the xbox. I've made sure that the Xbox's address is 192.168.0.3, so that's right.
The password and everything is correct.
But every time I try to view the xbox in "my network places" it searches for a few mins and then it comes up with "Windows cannot access this folder. Make sure you typed the file name correctly and have permission to access this folder.
Details: operation timed out."

can anyone help me with this.

Thank you for your time
Old Apr 16, 2006, 11:21 PM

Evidentally I forgot to change the static ip of my nic card in the computer, everything working fine now.

sorry for wasting your time when I found the info just when I was about to stop looking.