CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup > Dreamcast
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Apr 25, 2006, 10:35 AM

Cool Passing The Torch

sponsored links

I'm very pleased to see all the people who still have interest in this great machine

I have uploaded some files on my website www.jdemon901.com which I think people will find benificial. I've noticed a few posts here where people are having difficulty hopefully I will be helping some folks out.

I got my first Dreamcast on launch day (9/9/99) and I've got to say that almost 6 years later I still find it to be a great system.

The files:
Nexus Link Programs - DC to PC gamesaves link for Nexus or simillar cards

All My DCI Saves - 98 saves

GameShark CDX - no dongle required

Pirates Pack - This has just about everything you need to fix/alter your games and a few tutorials also. It was released a long time ago not by me.

PlanetWeb 2.6 - I have 2 different copies though I think they are the same file.

I also have Utopia ver 1.1, 1.3 and 1.5 but I'm not sure if people even need/use these anymore. And a copy of DreamPassport 3 if people are looking for it.

I have alot of other things I'd love to share. Are there any good DC++ Dreamcast Hubs out there? I will also look into what Dreamcast Newsgroups my ISP has access to. Do people still use Newsgroups?
Old Apr 25, 2006, 07:52 PM

Quote:
I also have Utopia ver 1.1, 1.3 and 1.5 but I'm not sure if people even need/use these anymore.
I use the utopia 1.1 & 1.2 CDs, unfortunately when you reach
the spinning reindeer both versions use a low horizontal frequency (15.7hz) which my PC monitor doesn't support, (I use a VGA box) do you know if version 1.3 or 1.5 have corrected this issue?
Old Apr 25, 2006, 08:55 PM

Cool

I'm not sure, I haven't used them myself. The only one I ever needed was 1.1 since just about every game I have was either self booting or an actual (purchased)comercial release.

Have you tried the trick of switching your VGA? I know this works on mine for 2 games though they are self boot but just "don't" support VGA. As the game is loading you switch the VGA from "output" to "PC". It's easy to do once you are use to it but I don't know if it can work with Utopia. You would have to boot up Utopia...assume how long it takes to be ready...but the game in and wait untill you hear it start to boot...then flick switch.

I thought there was a patch out there at some point for Utopia to make it VGA compatable, but I've been out of the scene for quite a long time I wouldn't have a clue where to possibly find it or how to even patch it.
Old Apr 26, 2006, 10:58 PM

Yeah that's what's I do, switch off the monitor then wait till I hear the DC loading the actual game, then I turn on the monitor, I just wanted to save some effort, well I'll have to check out 1.5 and see, thanks.
Old Apr 29, 2006, 02:24 PM

omg this rox. YESSS
Old Apr 29, 2006, 03:13 PM

Cool

2.6.2 was/is actually a much better and more stable browser, but I don't think it was ever around on the web. And I'd guess it would probably be almost imposible to find in used game shops.

alt.binaries.dreamcast???

Last edited by Jdemon901; Apr 29, 2006 at 07:03 PM.