CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Nov 26, 2002, 08:42 PM
Veteran

sponsored links

I called Microsoft, I have to pay $100 + tax for a replacement. Can someone tell me how to fix it?
Old Jun 10, 2006, 01:51 PM

ok what do I do if a buddy of mine has soft mod my xbox and I have a brand new game and I just got a different Hard drive in (Thomson) in the xbox and it won't read the Xbox Live enabled sports games but it will read the Grand Theft Auto games need help my AOL screen name is nomadguitarist9 contact me!!!
Old Jun 11, 2006, 02:07 PM

you can replace the dvd drive very easily, it really is a matter of unplugging your excisting drive and plugging in a new one. If your xbox isnt modded then you will be able to get a pretty cheap drive such as the thompson one, these will be on ebay for next to nothing - they are cheap because they do not read copied games all that well.

However, seeing as you are going to open up your xbox and replace the drive, you may had well go ahead a stick a chip in while your at it, they are dead easy to install. - in this case you will probably want a dvd drive made by samsung as it seams they are the most compatible with dcd-r ect.

I hope this helps,

Ricopico
Old Jun 11, 2006, 02:08 PM

oops, wrong thread
Old Jun 13, 2006, 08:31 PM

well you could get a samsung there the best reads everything ooh and by the way you couldent install a pc drive it does not work, it will come up with an error. you could go on ebay or i could sell you on (might take couple weeks though got to dig one up) a samsung has two hole on the side.
Old Jun 21, 2006, 06:37 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by insider68
well you could get a samsung there the best reads everything ooh and by the way you couldent install a pc drive it does not work, it will come up with an error. you could go on ebay or i could sell you on (might take couple weeks though got to dig one up) a samsung has two hole on the side.
The Phillips drive that comes with v1.3 - 1.5 Xboxes performs far superior to the Samsung. Samsung reads shitty media, the Phillips doesn't, but the Phillips is Faster

Back on Topic: Repairing? Too much of a hassle. You would need to buy a need Laser, Wheras buying a new Drive or Faulty Xbox with a Dud Harddrive would be a lot less hassle.