CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup > Dreamcast
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Feb 23, 2006, 10:50 PM

Default Works on Chankast but not on Dreamcast

sponsored links

Hi, I'm a first-time poster. I recently downloaded Street Fighter Alpha 3 as a CDI image. I've found that it will work in the Chankast emulator (once mounted with Daemon Tools) but it won't run on my Dreamcast once I have it burned to a CD-R. I had a look at the session data for the image, and I noticed the game data is recorded in the first session, and the audio is recorded in the second session. This must be the reason why my game won't run because on checking my other images I've downloaded, they all have the audio in the 1st session, and game data in the second. I'm wondering, is there any way to correct my SFA3 image so the audio goes 1st, and the data 2nd? That's the only way it'll run on my Dreamcast.
Old Mar 01, 2006, 09:50 AM

Default dont F%$&*( with your cdi file!

Alright dude Ive said it before and I'll say it again

but first dont screw up your cdi file they usually come rared .rar so if winrar is able to extract them without errors they are usually ok I also recomend running test in winrar if you dont have it get it at www.rarlab.com great program.

2 burn cdi
get discjuggler it is the program originaly intended to work with cdi www.padus.com install it it is a trial version so it will burn at its lowest speed so it takes me about 15min to burn a game. (big hairy deal)

I think you already have discjuggler so heres what you do. Go to the options and use these options mode 2 , cd-xa, add post gap to third party images, and raw write. Dont touch any other options and that should do it. Some say DJ doesn't work for them so your other option is to use Alcohol 120% post back, good luck!

and title your posting better I would have answered it sooner chankast is a pc emulator and I thought you were trying to play an actual cd in it. I thought you were crazy!
Old Jun 23, 2006, 08:53 PM

sfa3 won't work if you burn it with alcahol 120% either. Ive tried. it's the only one ive burnt that won't work. I can confirm it! it wouldn't even work in chankast for me!!!