CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Oct 06, 2006, 07:11 PM

Talking Error Code 21 fixes

sponsored links

Hey everyone, I have an error code 21 after plugging in my new Pscylone a/v cable, yeah believe it or not. The problem is I took my Xbox apart and took out the hard drive...yes yes I know I'm a noob but you all were at one point also. Anyways I tried hotswapping my drive but it still gives the the error screen of death. CAN ANYONE PLZ GIVE ME SOME DIRECTION!!
Many Thanks!!
-Mike-
email any help etc. to [email]mikey_joe@hotmail.com[/email]
Old Oct 07, 2006, 06:35 PM

ok first off error 21 means that someone or something told your xbox to launch an xbe when it wastent supposed to. second you did not need to hotswap your hdd to get it to work agian. so put the hdd back in and give er a try. if that does not work then did you put any apps that launch befor the dash? that could give 21
Old Oct 09, 2006, 10:01 PM

I understand the error code 21 thingy, I just don't know how to get my xbox "reformatted" if you will. All I want is to restore my box to factory condition. I don't care about mods or anything else right now, just being able to play. I have lost everything on my drive so I would need a complete reload of info and also the hd key or something, I dunno. If I can't get anything accomplished with the current situation then I will probably mod my box with a 300gb drive.
Old Oct 12, 2006, 07:21 PM

ok first do you have a modchip ? even if you dont then you can use software called slayers auto installer to restore your xbox to factor condition. but to warn you it takes out the softmod method but you could always get a modchip. sorry i did not respond sooner i have been tied up latly am i think im the only modderater left to help people.

so get slayers get your xbox to factory. play. if you need help finding slayer email me at [email]doomwiz@hotmail.com[/email] with the subject error 21.i get a lot of emails. if that does not work you can send it to me (im part of Team Unleash by the way) and i can fix it any way you want.