CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Nov 07, 2003, 05:57 PM

Default CDLoader via memory card using ps1drv exploit

sponsored links

anybody got the CDLoader to boot off the memory card yet??? when you rar it the entire thing is only like 250kB big.

i dont know if CDLoader is HARDCODED to call the cdrom0 though. if it is, then i guess source/hex could fix that no??

anyways, im looking for scripting information for the ps2.

Basically i want to do this.

1. nPort the .npo to mc
2. within the .npo i want to boot the ELF for CDLoader or use mcloader and choose to boot CDLoader. or optionally use the ps2 game selector since that seems fair enough to work aswell (just dont know if it boots ELF's yet)
3. i want CDLoader to load to the system memory

i dont know if this can be done. i dont know how much room is left in memory but if you can get access to ~20mB of the sys memory you could do it.

i just dont know if you would have to dump a section of the memory first to get it to fit.

any info on this would be GREATLY appreciated because if this would work it would be 1 less swap (boot og ps1 game, put in og high TOC dvd, boot dvdr)

anyways, i have checked ps2dev time after time. maybe im missing somethign there but i dont see anything related to doing this in a script. its all C code from what i have seen. Thats great to learn, and i already know some C, but i dont see why i would have to code my own ELF or whatever to do this.

i really like this method because all you would need is a og ps1 game and a mc with the exploit and you would be good to go (no more gs/ar/swap magic)

off note but has anybody ever tried to change the working directory of swap magic via a hack of some sort?

Last edited by neverMindNames; Nov 07, 2003 at 06:02 PM.
Old Nov 15, 2006, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverMindNames
anybody got the CDLoader to boot off the memory card yet??? when you rar it the entire thing is only like 250kB big.

i dont know if CDLoader is HARDCODED to call the cdrom0 though. if it is, then i guess source/hex could fix that no??

anyways, im looking for scripting information for the ps2.

Basically i want to do this.

1. nPort the .npo to mc
2. within the .npo i want to boot the ELF for CDLoader or use mcloader and choose to boot CDLoader. or optionally use the ps2 game selector since that seems fair enough to work aswell (just dont know if it boots ELF's yet)
3. i want CDLoader to load to the system memory

i dont know if this can be done. i dont know how much room is left in memory but if you can get access to ~20mB of the sys memory you could do it.

i just dont know if you would have to dump a section of the memory first to get it to fit.

any info on this would be GREATLY appreciated because if this would work it would be 1 less swap (boot og ps1 game, put in og high TOC dvd, boot dvdr)

anyways, i have checked ps2dev time after time. maybe im missing somethign there but i dont see anything related to doing this in a script. its all C code from what i have seen. Thats great to learn, and i already know some C, but i dont see why i would have to code my own ELF or whatever to do this.

i really like this method because all you would need is a og ps1 game and a mc with the exploit and you would be good to go (no more gs/ar/swap magic)

off note but has anybody ever tried to change the working directory of swap magic via a hack of some sort?
TENKUJBVVCVCCTT