CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Nov 29, 2006, 06:22 PM

Default "Limited or No Connectivity" issue

sponsored links

I been reading everywhere and trying different solutions to no avail. I've tried winsockxpfix, renew and release ip and several others that seem to lead to nothing. Right now i'm using a linksys 5 port switch and all the LED's are lit up correctly but for whatever reason my second computer cannot connect. I even went as far as buying a new network card (even though the computer's essentially new) and that didn't fix it. If anyone can help me out that would be so great i've had this lame duck for almost 5 months! Here's what i get when i run ipconfig:

Dhcp Enabled : Yes
Autoconfiguration : Yes
Autofiguration Ip address : 169.254.9.209
Subnet Mask : 255.255.0.0
Old Nov 30, 2006, 04:38 PM

ive had the same problem but i was using a crossover cable. the problem ihad was that the cable was bad. easy fix i bought a new one and it worked. u say the main computer has access and the other doesnt so mayb the wire/cable going to the second pc is bad. just a guess. but it wouldnt hurt to get a new one. or wat u could do to check the wire is use it to connect it to the pc that is getting access and see if it still works. and if it does. then idk wat the problem is. hopefully u understood wat i was saying cus my explaing stuff is horrible.