CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Mac User
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jun 27, 2005, 09:32 PM

Default ISO+MP3 game backup

sponsored links

Hi everybody,

This is my first post. I have a bunch of old video game (NEO GEO CD) files that I'd like to try out with a Dreamcast and an emulator. Each game is in it's own folder with an iso(track one) and then up to a dozen .mp3 files (02-xx). I need to get these onto CDR discs burned in a way that my emulator (NEO4all) can read them.

I've researched this thoroughly on the internet already and can't find a straight forward guide on how to do this.

I am using Toast 6 and a Mac OSX 4.

I have already made a lot of coasters trying to figure this out, I could sure use some help.
Old Aug 18, 2006, 07:26 AM

Ok,

This is actually alot easier than I had originally thought. The 1st step is to convert all of your MP3s to WAV files and replace them in the directory you will be working in. Now you must sit down and write a .cue file in order to get the burning program to create a multisession burn with both your data and the sound files. Name the .cue file anything you like and edit it in Wordpad or Notepad.

For example I named mine BurnMe.cue and the text look like this:

FILE "d:\NeoGeoBurnTemp\Metal Slug 2 - Track 01.iso" BINARY
TRACK 01 MODE1/2048
INDEX 01 00:00:00
FILE "d:\NeoGeoBurnTemp\Metal Slug 2 - Track 02.wav" WAVE
TRACK 02 AUDIO
PREGAP 00:02:00
FILE "d:\NeoGeoBurnTemp\Metal Slug 2 - Track 03.wav" WAVE
TRACK 03 AUDIO
FILE "d:\NeoGeoBurnTemp\Metal Slug 2 - Track 04.wav" WAVE
TRACK 04 AUDIO
FILE "d:\NeoGeoBurnTemp\Metal Slug 2 - Track 05.wav" WAVE
TRACK 05 AUDIO
etc, etc....

And that is really just about it. Once you have listed all the sounds files to be burned onto the disc, just save it and run the .cue file with Nero burning rom. Nero will then decode the .ISO file for you and then slap the audio onto tracks afterwards.

I have fully tested this and it works great. Enjoy!

Please note: these discs wil work great in the actual Neo Geo CD System. I cannot vouch for performance in a Neo Geo Emulator.
Old Dec 19, 2006, 08:42 AM

hey smobius.

your post was very handy. i recently bought a neogeo cd and have been trying to burn some iso's onto cd to play on the console.

i downloaded the roms (included is a cue file, iso and the mp3's) i converted the mp3's to wav. and followed your cue sheet tutorial, and burned using nero @8x speed.

the cd loads onto the neo and it can read the audio files. each one plays on the audio player screen. but track 1 (the iso i presume) plays but no sound comes out.

usually a neo cd game goes onto this screen and asks you to press start. but all i get is the screen where i can manually choose the tracks...

what have i done wrong??

cheers

rich