CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox > Xbox Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Dec 11, 2006, 10:25 PM

Default xbox mod-chip installation

sponsored links

Greetings

I am new to this forum as well as to Xbox technical stuff. I hope to get some advice regarding some questions on mod-chip.

My questions are:

1. Can a mod-chip be easily installed D.I.Y.?

2. Should there be any problems after installation, can the original chip be reinstalled to get the xbox to function normally as before?

3. After an Xbox has been mod-chipped, can it use cheats in the same way as cheats can be applied in PC games. For example, in the game Doom3 for Xbox, it seems that the only cheat available is the "god-mode" whereas in the PC game, all available cheats can be activated via the keyboard.

4. Where can I get reliable information on xbox mod-chips.

Can someone kindly advise. Thank you.

LoneRooster
Old Dec 16, 2006, 07:56 AM

if you are a total noob to this, why don't you try to use the softmod option on the xbox. check first to see what version xbox you have.

just goto google and type in softmod xbox tutorials, far easier for someone like yourself that is new to it.

not sure though if softmods can be used on the 1.6 version, but they can be on versions 1.0 to 1.5.

head over to www.xbox-scene.com to find more tutorials.

if you live in uk, and need a xbox softmod kit, email me and i will show you where to buy one.
Old Dec 25, 2006, 10:37 PM

Hello MSR,

Thank you very much for your advice. I will check it out.

LoneRooster