CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Dec 25, 2006, 09:20 PM

Default help! unlocked hd

sponsored links

ok heres the deal.
i recently modded my xbox with a xecuter 2.6. i was messing with flashbios (like an idiot) and unlocked the harddrive before i flashed the chip with an alternate bios. well, i flashed the chip with an alternate bios and the flashing went well. however, when i boot up my xbox with the chip on i get a black screen after the xbox tries to boot 3 times. when i boot my xbox with my chip off i get an error 05 message. is there anyway for me to restore flashbios to lock my hard drive?

is it possible to use the xecuter 2.6 programmer to restore flashbios?

PLEASE HELP!

Last edited by rrburkha; Dec 25, 2006 at 10:51 PM.
Old Dec 27, 2006, 10:18 AM

if it reboots 3 times that means ether

1) your chip fell out.

2) your bios are bad

in this case your bios are bad. just reflash with the original that worked and your set. and when you have a modchip it doesnt matter if your drive is locked or unlocked. but i would make a eeprom back up just in case.
Old Dec 27, 2006, 05:44 PM

well thats good news, but when i boot up my xbox the flashbios screen no longer shows up. if i buy a programmer and flash it that way, will it remedy my problem?
Old Dec 28, 2006, 04:51 PM

i was also wondering if i buy a new chip and replace it with the one thats already installed, will the flashbios screen show up when i boot up?