CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup > Dreamcast
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Oct 29, 2006, 09:14 PM

Default Will I be able to boot codebreaker on a burned CD-R on an unmodified USA Dreamcast?

sponsored links

Basically the topic sums my question up ^_^||, I was able to get the codebreaker image file from the net, but I have not yet burned the file onto a cd-r.

Will I be able to boot codebreaker on a burned CD-R on an unmodified USA Dreamcast?

or would the burned cd-r dreamcast codebreaker not run at all?

Someone help plz~ , thanks~
Old Oct 31, 2006, 10:06 AM

Thumbs up Codebreaker

Littlecutty,

So if the image file you have is correct and you have a burner capible of burning the special cd format then it should work.

But remember that after you get past the above problems you could run into trouble with NTSC vs. PAL depending on your system you will have to have the correct image for your machine.

twist222

PS I would suggest disk juggler.
Old Jan 04, 2007, 06:34 AM

Default A Few Questions First

1. what format is the cd image

2. Look at the bottom of your Dreamcast there is a silver sticker with a month and a date what does it say? Dreamcasts made late in 2000 wont play many self booting discs

3. what kind of cd writer do you have many do not support the small tracks used in the self booting process.

also you need to burn it at 4x or lower for best compatibility