CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Operating System Forums > Windows 98
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Feb 06, 2007, 10:23 AM

Red face password problem.. just bought an older laptop

when we met the seller of a laptop with window 98 it was up and running
he had mentioned he never changed the password to it when he bought it used

it has two domain names listed and administrator on top. he shut it down then rebooted it (is that the word) to show us it opened fresh...
but when we got home
the password he said to use wont work
i emailed him.. he said he would look at it with my daughter at the collage campus today... that is if they can work out a time between classes.. though getting my daughter to hang around for a laptop i bought her to use thats older and not really what she or i would of preferd to of been able to afford may be a challage.. I just want to get into it so i can change the needed password problem

also i noticed if you sat to long on the password window is then mentioned a driver problem.....

I just need some help.. it only costed 50 $$ but 50 buck is 50 bucks...
can i just reinsal my window 98 cd or what.. i want it to be a simple fix.. not to computer savy......

please help any one who can write me directly can do so at [email]dogs_onthe_run@yahoo.com[/email] or post something here that is if i get emails telling me my posting has been responded to