CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup > Dreamcast
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 05, 2007, 12:10 AM

Angry Please help, i've tried everything to burn .cdi and they don't boot

sponsored links

Hi, i got a game that's in .cdi format and it is supposed to be selfbooting but when i burn it with disc juggler 4 (i haven't changed any settings in the advanced tab btw), and put it in my dreamcast (pal so it should boot cd-r), the dreamcast just makes weird noises for a bit while it says its checking the disc, and after a bit the weird noises stop then i go to play and it says to insert game disc! WTF!? shouldn't .cdi games selfboot first time with no changes or nothing... i'm new to this whole dreamcast "scene" and have some sort of a clue on how to burn images, but i have no idea why the supposed "selfbooting" game i have that is in .cdi which is supposed to be the standard, doesn't work in my dreamcast . I would really appreciate some help if you could . Otherwise then i've given up on burning coaster after coaster of game (about 30 so far ). Also i've gotten 1 selfbooting game to work (different game also .cdi) and i noticed when i opened it up in isobuster it loads, but my game that doesn't load in the dreamcast, it doesn't open in isobuster, also the game that works has an ip.bin on the disc, whereas the one that won't work doesn't. I've downloaded QuakeDC (homebrew Quake for dreamcast i think), and that loads just fine, plus it has an ip.bin and opens in isobuster. God i'm so confused why 2 games work, but one won't
Old Feb 10, 2007, 04:53 PM

Once in a while Discjuggler gave me problems. Instead, I downloaded CDI2NRG and converted my CDI files to be burnt with Nero. Do you have Nero?