CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Mar 11, 2007, 03:01 AM
Veteran

Location: Sydney, Australia. Where else would you want to live?

sponsored links

Too much of anything isn't always good, except for off-course sex and money.

We're still in drought, and have had water restrictions for years, which means no hand watering plants or washing cars etc.

Storage dam levels are only 30%, and as we don't drink recycled water, the only top-ups are from rain and storm water run-off.

If it keeps going, we'll run out of water within a few years.

Some rural towns have already started trucking water in to their residents.

*It's estimated that when you drink a glass of London or New York tap water, where it's recycled constantly, that it's already been through 6 people.

ewwwwwww

(Not long to wait, you should be coming up to Summer, or the English version of Summer.)
Old Mar 11, 2007, 05:59 PM
Veteran

Glad you said the English version of summer, its usually the winter version only the rain is warmer.

our water supply here in the midlands where i live cames from a reservoir from wales, so its fairly good.

Hope the water situation where you are gets better soon.

I spose that is the prob you get when the weather is to hot most of the year, leading to to little rain fall, here we get to much rain, not enough sunshine.

colin.
Old Mar 12, 2007, 02:53 PM

I live in the midlands too and the weather has been a bit miserable. I not long came back from hols in cornwall where it was clear but quite windy. That modem looks up to the job aswell. The only reason i know about modems is because of the damn internet never works. The ADSL line keeps disapearing for hours and after 4 weeks we've eliminated the equipment (3 USB Modems and 2 routers!!) and BT have finally been convinced there is a problem and are comming out this week. As for that recycled water, Insomniac, I am glad I don't live in London. How fast is your broadband down there? I have 1mb though it often comes up as 200 kilobits per sec. Virgin Media stink . Ok, i've finished moaning.
Old Mar 12, 2007, 07:48 PM
Veteran

KoolKid99, when i went from a 1MB to a 2MB connection i had a job getting 1.6MB speed, with line dropping, sometimes every few mins for an hour or so.

Line dropping all the while etc, turned out to be the filter that was faulty, also replacing the phone cable from the master box into the main room where my comp completed the job.

Its the west midlands where i live, who knows we could be just round the corner from each other.

Just thinking about taking SKY up on there offer for BB, two ppl i know have it, one is neighbour over the road, he is getting 6.+MB speed.

The 12 months contract is up now with those i am with so could change over, i would be getting the router from SKY free so would save me buying one.

colin.