CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Mar 18, 2007, 01:46 AM

Exclamation some help wif cdrom boot....

sponsored links

after setting cdrom to 1st boot device n formatting the system. It will reboot as normal. But after rebooting, bios automaticly boots from cdroom without requesting to boot or not by me. So it will again go into the formating stage and not the windows setup stage. It say " checking boot record from CDROM" and then it automaticly boots which unables me to enter windows setup to install the windows... how can i disbale this feature so that bios will request whether to boot from CDROM or not AND NOT BOOT AUTO BY ITSELF....
all help is appreciated... ^^
Old Mar 18, 2007, 12:12 PM

Can you not go back into the bios and change it back to the previous boot sequence? pahoo31.
Old Mar 18, 2007, 06:34 PM
Veteran

Location: Sydney, Australia. Where else would you want to live?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xNo0b
how can i disbale this feature so that bios will request whether to boot from CDROM or not AND NOT BOOT AUTO BY ITSELF....
all help is appreciated... ^^

It should give you the option on the screen (after POST) to "press any key to boot from CD Rom" or an option to boot from hard disk.

On some Bioses there is a timer and you need to make a selection within a specified period or it will use the default.

It's pretty straight forward, so I'm not sure if I understand your issue.
Old Mar 19, 2007, 03:14 AM

well... tat's the prob... it does not request it... after POST, it auto boots from the CDROM without asking the usual " press any key to boot from cdrom" When the comp does tis, i am unable to enter to the windows setup n only brings me bek to square 1 which is the formating stage where everything is blue. i hav tried changing the sequence, but since i formated the comp alraedy, i cannot enter windows. BIOS will do a media ****ysis which takes forever n shows no result. thx anyway for the response.
Old Mar 19, 2007, 04:12 PM
Veteran

Location: Sydney, Australia. Where else would you want to live?

Go into the Bios and change the boot order.

Have CD Rom first, hard disk second.

Another way, if you don't want it to boot from CD Rom is to remove the CD.

If the Bios is set to boot from the next device, it will do so if the CD isn't there.