CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Nov 25, 2005, 04:15 PM

Unhappy PS1: Crash Team Racing

sponsored links

Hi, does anyone know how to sucessfully make a backup copy of Ps1's
Crash Team Racing. I tried but when I played it, it freezes at the loading screens. Any help?
Old Jan 14, 2006, 01:35 PM

Default Create a subchannel file

Just done a succesful backup myself. CTR is protected using libcrypt, and you need to read the subchannel in order to make a 1:1 copy, otherwise the game will not work. Assuming your using the PAL version of the game follow these instructions:

1) download the latest CloneCD from [URL=***********.slysoft.com/en/clonecd.html]here

2) Once installed, load it up and click on 'Read to image file' [IMG]********tinypic.com/k9f8g0.jpg[/IMG]

3) Select the drive which the disk is in [IMG]********tinypic.com/k9f8us.jpg[/IMG]

4) After the disk has been ****ysed right click the white are and select 'New' [IMG]********tinypic.com/k9fbfc.jpg[/IMG]

5) Call the new profile 'Playstation Disc' then right click and select edit [IMG]********tinypic.com/k9fc6q.jpg[/IMG]

6) Use these settings:
[IMG]********tinypic.com/k9fcyb.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]********tinypic.com/k9fd3s.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]********tinypic.com/k9fejs.jpg[/IMG]

7) Once you have created the profile select it and click 'Next'. Go back to your desktop and create a folder called 'Crash Team Racing (CTR)'. Back on CloneCD click browse and locate your folder. Then in the 'File Name Box' name the .ccd file 'Crash Team Racing (CTR)'.
[IMG]********tinypic.com/k9ffdd.jpg[/IMG]

8) After the image has been made, download the following CD-R Plugin from ***********.pbernert.com/cdrpeops104.zip and place it in your desired emulators plugin directory and select it as ur CDRom plugin to use.

9) Go to the Plugins settings and click Create SBI/M3S file.

10) One the new Window has loaded up use:
Mode: Read subchannel data from CD-Rom
SUB File: (LEAVE THIS BLANK)
Output File: SBI File
Out file: Locate your Crash Team racing folder and call the SBI file: Crash Team Racing (CTR) (subchannel).sbi (add .SBI at the end)

11) Now create the file. Your emulator will appear to lock-up, mine took about 20 minutes to create the SBI file and appeared to have locked up BUT LEAVE IT, and wait . Some CD-Roms can't read subchannel data, and if yours is one of them, I will send you the subchannel file I use (succesfully). The PAL Version of CTR is the only edition that uses lybcrypt, so if your using a NTSC edition, I can't help soz.

12) IF you have made the subchannel file go back to the plugin configuration window and go to 'Subchannel reading'.

13) Select from the drop down menu: Use subchannel sbi/m3s info file and then in the box below locate your .SBI file and click ok.
[IMG]********tinypic.com/k9gbqt.jpg[/IMG]

14) PLAY!.

My .SBi file is uploaded, just in case you have problems My Subchannel File Is here: ***********.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=4513

Last edited by -Lost-Prophet-; Jan 14, 2006 at 01:44 PM.
Old Feb 13, 2006, 03:11 AM

Lostprophet,

The guide you have given above, is that for backing up a PSX game to play on PC? How would i just backup CTR and play the backup on my PS2, I tried several times last night and none worked. Please can you give me a small guide or just tell me which steps to follow from above?
I read somewhere that you have to patch it, is that not true?
THanks
Old Mar 03, 2007, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilux
Hi, does anyone know how to sucessfully make a backup copy of Ps1's
Crash Team Racing. I tried but when I played it, it freezes at the loading screens. Any help?
hello could u please help me out im trying to find a site to download ps1 games for free could u please help me
Old Mar 08, 2007, 04:16 PM
Veteran

Location: Sydney, Australia. Where else would you want to live?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkyla
hello could u please help me out im trying to find a site to download ps1 games for free could u please help me

Try www.sony.com

Tell them Insomniac sent you for a free set of steak knives.
Old Apr 29, 2007, 04:03 AM

Default Crash Team Racing???????

I Want To Download Crash Team Racing ?
Anny Help?????????