CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Nov 08, 2004, 06:16 PM

Default major xbox problem

sponsored links

Recently,whenever I tried to start my xbox, it started to make a high pitch noise and turnoff immediately only to turn on again and repeat itself (3 times) until the light flashes green and red. This began to start after I connected my xbox to the computer via a crossover cable. I know that its probably a loose modchip (Xecuter 2 lite), however, is it possible that my modchip bios or xbox software is corrupted? I am running Goldberg's program with EvolutionX2 version 1.8.2594(but its bios version is 2.4.bin), and my modchip bios is as follows:

512K bioses:
1.bios--Xecuter2 4973 (1.0)
2.bios--unknown

256K Bioses:
1.bios--Xecuter2 4973 (1.0)
2.bios--Xecuter2 4973 (1.0)
3.bios--unknown
4.bios--unknown

Sometimes when I load a game, it will feeze at the evolutionX sceen logo, but will eventually load with persistance. Is this a problem with my bios or with a loose modchip?

Also Crimson Skies (DVDr) freezes sometimes when loading a saved game state, and Ninja Gaiden gets a dirty disc error at air mission cutscene (after evil samuari on horse) even after I set subtitles to none and language UK. When I go to set the cloak on the xbox, and check it later, it seems to have reset to the origianl date (2001). How can I fix this. Also, how do I shut off in game reset in EvoX?
Any help would be appreciated, thank-you.

Oh yeah, how should I update my bios, withwhich tuturoial? Do I have to use cromwell or can I just use FlashX 1.2?
Thankx.

Last edited by chains82; Nov 08, 2004 at 06:33 PM.
Old Apr 06, 2007, 11:14 PM

Default Same Weird Noise Problem On A Perfect Condition (modded Internal) Xbox

A VERRRYY CONCERNING

NOOOISE.....................PLEASE HELP

HI , I am having this similar anooyingg problem with my XBOX (1) , as i was cleaning it .. u know regular dusting and lite vacuming LITE VERy VERY LITE jus From the OUTSIDE ,.............. HOWEVER, I gently flipped xbox to the SIDE left and right, DIAGONALLY , almost UPSIDE DOWN,,(while IT was OFF) and Now i turned it ON and I am hearing this "BEEEEEEM" sound (in PORTIONS.......e.g. it stops sometiimes and then starts agian) when I open the Tray and also Sometimes when I playing a game..........BUT
EVERY game play fine. ..perfectly normal ............ BUT the sound worries meee aloooott.....

(why this concerns me is becuase i take care of my XBOX, as it never i mean neever ever fell or anything out of the ordinary happened to it)

PLEASE HELP ME ...........PLEASE
Old May 14, 2007, 06:17 AM

Hi nhva,

I had some problem with my Xbox 360 and I was manage to solve them using the help of a tech support site, I am sure they can help you too. They also have free live chat support!
You can find the page for Xbox support in this URL:
***********.fixya.com/support/p459311-microsoft_xbox_console

Good luck