CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Feb 07, 2007, 08:57 PM

Default Howto: Copy/burn PS2 games and play legal backup copies on PS2

sponsored links

The guide includes two parts. One is to copy PS2 games, the other is to play backup copies. The detailed steps are as follows.

[b]copy/burn PS2 games[/b]

1. Free download game copy software BlindWrite from
***********.soft29.com/gamescopy/blindwrite.html

2. Click the "Copy" button from the left side options. Select the source and set output path.
[img]***********.soft29.com/images/games/Copy1.gif[/img]

3. Click the "Copy" button (bottom right) to copy a CD/DVD onto another media of the same kind.

Note: There are three modes available: "Copy", "Read", and "Write". Only introduce the "Copy" mode here.

[b]play legal backup copies[/b]

In order for your PS2 system to play backup copies, it must be modified to overcome its built-in protection. There are two ways to accomplish this. One is to install a PS2 Mod Chip into your system's console, allowing you to play backup copies of your games. The other is to obtain PS2 boot discs.

[i]PS2 Mod Chips[/i]

Installing most PS2 Mod Chips is a complicated procedure that requires you to open your console to solder several wires. If you don't have a background in soldering, hire an experienced electronics professional. If your mod chip is installed wrong, you'll be in the market for a new gaming console.

[i]PS2 Boot Discs[/i]

Before inserting your backup copy, place these discs in your PS2 console. This method doesn't require cracking open the console case or soldering wires, and so does not void your warranty.
Old Jun 19, 2007, 03:08 PM

can i load save files from gamefaqs.com to burn on to my ps2
im new at this

Last edited by gamefreak2; Jun 19, 2007 at 05:05 PM.
Old Aug 22, 2007, 04:19 AM

Hey. Can i burn some PS2 games with a Daemon Tool? With the newest daemon Tool pro?